Friday, December 11, 2009

iMovie Reviews

Justinn:
First of all, I loved your topic. I think it was super interesting to pair a cultural trend with technology. I had never really considered the advances that the internet might have on one particular topic, in this case hip-hop music. Your Drake example summed it up perfectly -- I didn't know that much about him other than the fact he was on the Canadian TV show Degrassi, but it's awesome that he was able to market himself through online music sites.
As for the technical aspects of your piece, you used a lot of images and transitions which helped to keep relevant to your audio. The audio, at times, was hard to hear. However, your pacing and voice were very good and helped to move the piece along.
Good job, and again, I really liked your topic!

Jillian:
You did a really cool presentation on Couch Surfing - a network and phenomenon I never heard about. I think it's cool that you put your faith into something that could be considered dangerous, like hitchhiking, but positively tied it into a network of fellow surfers which made you feel apart of something. You also make a great point about what it takes to be a couch surfer - fluent in English and technology.
I liked how to added audio from the TechTalk, and someone else's voice using testimonials, as apart of your project. It made your audio more sophisticated.
I really enjoyed learning about this website and your experiences, good job!

Hi Genevieve!
You are my random blog pic. I was really interested from the start about ThriceColdCash and how this whole interaction between him and your boyfriend play out. You make a great point about how social gaming can be - the gaming world is quite stereotypical! I also really like the interview part of the piece, although the levels are little low, but it mixes up the movie well. You're right to bring up the concern about a stranger in the online world - the internet allows for a lot of anonymity!!
Good job on your project, it was a really cool topic!

No comments:

Post a Comment